The defense Ministry responded to the U.S. announcement about the air strikes on the opposition in Syria


Armed space forces of Russia and the Syrian air force has not struck in areas where, according to the United States, acts of the Syrian opposition. This was stated by the defense Ministry, “Interfax”.

“Not a single shot on the specified areas of the American side of the Syrian or Russian aircraft are not applied,” — said in the defense Ministry.

The defense Ministry told that on February 28 the Russian representative of the command of the air group of Russian air force at the air base, “Hamim” held talks with his American counterpart. The latter expressed concern that the Russian and Syrian air force when performing tasks against the “Islamic state” (declared a terrorist organization and banned in Russia) to the South of the city of Manbij can cause unintended impact on groups, controlled by the United States.

“In order to avoid any incidents the American representative told the Russian officer the exact coordinates of the location in the area of the U.S.-supported fighters of the “opposition forces”. This information was adopted by the Russian command note,” said the defense Ministry.

The military said that in the future will continue coordination with the us armed forces against ISIL in Syria.

Earlier on March 1, Lieutenant-General Stephen Townsend at a briefing at the Pentagon said that Russian and Syrian planes accidentally attacked the opposition near the city of al-Bab in Northern Syria.

According to him, the incident occurred on 28 February, the result was destroyed several villages.

Source