- Denis Voronenkov was born on 10 April 1971. In 1995 he graduated from the Military University, and a year later the Ryazan state pedagogical University. He served in the Russian Military Prosecutor, claimed that he rose to the position of Deputy Prosecutor. Doctor of legal Sciences, in 2009 defended thesis on the theme “Theoretical and normative basis of judicial control in the mechanism of separation of powers”.
- In December 2011 Voronenkov was elected Deputy of the State Duma of the VI convocation, was part of the Communist party faction, was a member of the Committee for security and combating corruption. Among the most resonant initiatives Boronenkov while working in Parliament — the idea of banning Russia game Pokemon Go, which, according to him, can become complicit in the espionage and terrorist attack. He is the co-author of 24 bills in the Duma, in particular, has introduced a bill prohibiting foreigners to control more than 20% of the capital in the Russian media.
- After the events in Ukraine 2014, has repeatedly criticized the official position of the new authorities of the country. But after moving to Ukraine in mid-February in one of the interviews has compared Russia with Nazi Germany and called the annexation of Crimea annexation.
- In March 2015, Boronenkov married Maria Maksakova, which at that time was the Deputy of the state Duma from “United Russia”. To congratulate the newlyweds in the concert hall “Philharmonie-2” came not more than ten members out of 450 invited. Of these, only one member — the Chairman of the state Duma Sergey Naryshkin, the others — representatives of fractions of the Communist party and “Fair Russia”.
Denis Boronenkov and Maria Maksakova
Photo: Valery sharifulin / TASS
- In 2016, Boronenkov nominated deputies of the state Duma of the seventh convocation in one of the districts in the Nizhny Novgorod region, but lost the election.
- Name Boronenkov appeared in published by the International consortium of investigative journalists (ICIJ) database of beneficiaries of foreign offshore companies. Mr. Denis Voronenkov found in the database twice — in his name in the British virgin Islands was registered with two companies — Kaul Engineering Ltd (existed prior to may 2012) and the current organization Tarrington Real Estates S. A. Boronenkov his connection with offshore companies denied.
- Voronenkov has been accused of fraud. The consequence asserted that in 2010-2011, he together with other persons illegally reissued and sold a building that belonged to the confectionery firm of “Tom”. As a result, a number of owners were introduced dummy shareholder Ilya Shcherbak, and the real founder of the Otari Kobakhidze left without the ability to influence decision-making. After these shenanigans, the building was sold for 20 million rubles at market value 127 million on March 3, Basmanny court of Moscow arrested in absentia Boronenkov on charges of fraud and falsification of documents. Soon, he was declared internationally wanted. According to the investigation, Boronenkov due to fraud received approximately $1.2 million and 6.4 million rubles.
- In October 2016, Boronenkov, along with his wife, ex-Deputy of the state Duma Maria Maksakova moved to Kiev. According to Boronenkov, the reason for the move was “illegal” and “unjust” criminal prosecution in Russia.
- In January, the newspaper “Kommersant” said that Voronenkov gave evidence to the General Prosecutor of Ukraine on charges of treason, ex-President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych. According to the interlocutor of the newspaper, Boronenkov himself took the initiative and went to the public Prosecutor of Ukraine Yury Lutsenko. Lutsenko said that Boronenkov told about the letter of Yanukovych to Russian President Vladimir Putin, in which he requested “to send troops to Ukraine” after Euromaidan.
- March 6, Boronenkov was expelled from the Communist party in connection with obtaining a second citizenship. His wife was also expelled from the “United Russia”. The cause was also second nationality — in an interview after his departure from Russia, Maksakova said he is a German citizen.