The city authorities can restrict access to Red square on Sunday, 2 April. About it reports “RIA Novosti” with reference to the representative of Federal guard service (FSO). The Department explained that such action was possible in connection with the preparation for the parade in honor of Victory Day.
Earlier on Friday it became known that the Prosecutor General’s office demanded from Roskomnadzor, to restrict access to information resources and groups in social networks, which disseminate information about an unauthorized event, to be held on April 2 at the red square.
The interior Ministry has said that authorities will take “all necessary measures” to ensure security in Moscow “in connection with the spreading in the Internet calls for the organization of protests in Central Moscow April 2”.
Page with anonymous calls to hold a protest action in April began to appear on the Network after March 26, when in Moscow and other Russian cities have passed anti-corruption rallies. Who is behind the organization of the event, which is scheduled for April 2, is currently unknown. The opposition movement, including the “Open Russia”, PARNAS, Yabloko and the “New opposition” claim that have no relation to the organization of this promotion.
An activist of the “New opposition” Yuri Gorsky said that the organization tried to enter into correspondence with the organizers of the rally on 2 April. “But when we started to find out whom they represent, their accounts were removed”, — said the activist.
Two sources in the structures of the non-parliamentary opposition suggested that the meetings can be associated with the attempts of the authorities to arrange provocations. “My worst assumption that this action can organize the government itself. The best — that it will be conducted by young activists during the protests on 26 March,” said an opposition activist mark Galperin.