According to the revised data of the National anti-terrorist Committee, the number of victims of the terrorist attack in St. Petersburg on April 3 consisted of 11 people, in the hospitals of the city with 45 victims.
This is stated in the message of information center of NAK, received .
“As a result of the explosion, according to the revised data, 11 people were killed, 45 injured are in hospitals. Specialists of the Ministry of health has taken steps to provide necessary medical and psychological aid to victims of the explosion, as well as members of their families”, — stated in the message Department.
The NAC also confirmed information about the discovery of a second explosive device at the St. Petersburg subway. “At the station “Ploshchad Rebellion” was discovered and promptly neutralized a suspicious object caught by an improvised explosive device filled striking elements and ready to use. This allowed to prevent the Commission of another serious crimes with human victims”, — reported in Department.
In St. Petersburg sent a group of specialists of the Central apparatus of the FSB, the interior Ministry and the emergencies Ministry to assist in the investigation of this crime and the implementation of works on elimination of its consequences.
The case of the explosion in the subway will lead the Main Department on investigation of especially important cases of the Investigative Committee of Russia. “In the framework of the investigative action carried out to establish all circumstances of this crime, the search for the perpetrators and organizers of terrorist attack, as well as accomplices of the criminals”, — said the press service.
The explosion in Saint-Petersburg subway
Previously, “Interfax” with reference to sources in law enforcement bodies has informed that on business about explosion in the investigation are two people. “On suspicion in preparation of explosions in search announced two people: one of them — who laid subsequently triggered an explosive device in a subway car, and the second left a bomb at the station “Ploschad Vosstaniya” — said the Agency interlocutor.
Earlier, the TV channel REN TV and the publication “Fontanka” published a screenshot from the recording surveillance cameras, which shows a man alleged to have committed an act of terrorism. On the picture you can see that a tall man with a beard and dressed in black.
The explosion in the car of the subway occurred April 3 at about 14:40 on the stretch between the metro station “Technological Institute” and “Sennaya Ploschad”. The Prosecutor’s office said that the explosion was a terrorist attack. The movement in the subway of St. Petersburg was stopped, passengers evacuated. By the time of writing, the metro resumed its work in full.