Press Secretary Dmitry Peskov said on the question of what Russia has not taken sufficient measures to prevent a terrorist attack in Beslan, the correspondent . Earlier, the European court of human rights (ECHR) ordered Russia to pay the victims €2.9 million
According to Peskov, “it is impossible to agree with this formulation”. For a country that has repeatedly suffered terrorist attacks, such language is not acceptable, he added. The necessary legal assessment of the decision, said the representative of the Kremlin.
The ECHR took the decision earlier on Thursday, the 13th of April. The court found that Russia “failed plan” the rescue operation when the attack broke against the victims and their relatives the right to life and to an effective remedy. In addition, the court ordered to pay the applicants €88 thousand for legal expenses.
The attack took place on 1-3 September 2004. Terrorists seized hostages in school No. 1 in Beslan in North Ossetia. They detained more than 1 thousand people — pupils, their parents and employees of educational institutions, demanding recognition of Chechnya’s independence and the withdrawal of Federal troops from it. In a special operation on release of hostages involved soldiers of internal troops of the interior Ministry, defense Ministry and FSB special forces. The fight was ten hours, killed 300 people, including 186 children. Of the 32 terrorists in the assault only one survived.
The decision was made on seven complaints filed in 2008-2011, on behalf of a total of 409 people, whose families suffered during the terrorist attack. Applicants believe that many of the hostages died as a result of the actions of the security forces.