WASHINGTON, July 26. /TASS/. Secretary Rex Tillerson is not going to intervene with the penalty of ExxonMobil Corporation, which he previously headed, for violation of the anti-Russian sanctions. This was stated at a regular briefing head of the press service of the state Department Heather Nauert.
“The Ministry of Finance and the Office of foreign assets control made clear the matter, she said. The Secretary of state is not only resigned in this company, but withdrew from all matters concerning ExxonMobil. The Secretary continues to adhere to this position.”
U.S. Department of the Treasury July 20, said about the charge ExxonMobil penalty in the amount of $2 million under the pretext of violation of anti-Russian sanctions imposed in connection with events in Ukraine. According to the Department, the violation of sanctions occurred in may 2014, when the heads of ExxonMobil subsidiaries did business with the individuals included in the blacklist of the United States, including with the President of “Rosneft” Igor Sechin. The head of ExxonMobil at the time was Tillerson.
In ExxonMobil expressed its disagreement with the actions of the Ministry of Finance and declared their intention to challenge the decision in court.