Member of the Board of the Association of chambers of tourism of Egypt Husam ash-Shair believes that no other country will be able to compensate for Egypt the influx of Russian tourists as from Russia to the resorts comes to 3.5 million tourists.
SHARM El-SHEIKH, 7 Nov. Raphael Daminov. The Egyptian tourism sector will not be able to compensate for the loss of the Russian market even in case of redirect to the adoption of vacationers from other countries, said a member of the Association of chambers of tourism of Egypt Husam ash-Shair.
The Airbus A321 for Russian airline “Kogalymavia” which carried out flight Sharm El-Sheikh to St. Petersburg, crashed in Egypt on October 31 after 23 minutes after takeoff. On Board were 224 people, they all died. Many countries, including Russia suspended the air link with Egypt to clarify the circumstances of the disaster.
“No other country will be able to compensate for Egypt the influx of Russian tourists. From Russia to the resorts comes to 3.5 million tourists. Even then, such figures we get,” said al-Shair, who is one of the largest owners of chain of hotels in the resorts of the red sea.
Before the disaster over Sinai Egypt expected by the end of 2015 to welcome about 10 million foreign tourists. At the end of August this figure was 6.6 million, a 5% increase over last year. The income from tourism by the end of 2015, it was projected at 7.5-8 billion dollars. In the first place by the number of visiting tourists Egypt is Russia, the second and third are great Britain and Germany, then Italy and France.