Major DDoS attack that occurred in December 2014, sparked queues at the ATMs and the increased demand for cash. Similar attacks cannot be ruled out. Sberbank is doing everything necessary to be ready for them, said Deputy Chairman of the Bank Stanislav Kuznetsov.
MOSCOW, 12 Nov. Sberbank does not exclude repetition of major attacks, like the one that occurred in December 2014 and sparked the queues at the ATMs and the increased demand for cash, said the Chairman of the Board of Sberbank Stanislav Kuznetsov.
Sberbank only one week of December 2014, lost 1.3 trillion rubles of cash, or 300 tons of cash due to well-planned attacks, reported earlier the head of Bank Herman Gref. During the “black Tuesday” in December last year, Sberbank customers had been sent over a million SMS messages about the problems in the Bank. This was followed by a second wave of SMS, which led to panic and queues at the ATMs.
“Similar attacks cannot be ruled out, and the savings Bank will do whatever is necessary to be ready for them. We conduct special trainings, developing various scenarios of action,” said Kuznetsov.
Organizers of the December attack are not in Russia, and Sberbank believes it is incorrect to disclose information about their whereabouts, he said.
The last major DDoS attack on Bank place in October, said Kuznetsov. “We have expressed. Can not be said about several other Russian banks — I will not name them — that this attack could not resist and had to stop for a while”, he said.
DDoS attacks are external influences on the system of the Bank, leading to overload and ultimately, to stop the operation of the Bank. “We are almost daily confronted with a large number of DDoS attacks, as well as many other banks… the Bank needs to guarantee the reliability of their systems and customer service, today we can say that we are confident in our abilities,” added Kuznetsov.
The full text of the interview is available on the website ria.ru >>