Vitaly Churkin was buried in Moscow

Permanent representative of Russia to the UN Vitaly Churkin, who died February 20, under sounds of the anthem and gun salute was buried at the troyekurovskoye cemetery in Moscow, reports “Interfax”.

Previously, a mourning hall of the Central clinical hospital of the presidential administration, held a farewell ceremony with diplomats and the funeral.

It was attended by Russian foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, the official representative of the foreign Ministry Maria Zakharova, the Communist party leader Gennady Zyuganov, the Russian presidential aide Yuri Ushakov, the head of the Federation Council Committee on international Affairs Konstantin Kosachev, the representatives of some foreign diplomatic missions and family Churkin.

Lavrov expressed his condolences to the widow of a diplomat and gave her a Courage Award, which was posthumously awarded to Churkin, Russian President Vladimir Putin.

“Except that he was the Supreme professional, he was also the national diplomat. Just look how popular he was among the people,” — said the Minister of foreign Affairs.

He said that from the public proposal to perpetuate the memory of Churkin. Lavrov said that the diplomat “will be great” and he was able to fit “a very bright page in the record not only in our diplomacy, but our foreign policy”.

10 years at the UN: what would you remember Vitaly Churkin

At the farewell ceremony was also attended by first Deputy foreign Minister Vladimir Titov, Deputy Ministers Mikhail Bogdanov, Gennady Gatilov, Grigory Karasin, Alexei Meshkov, Igor Morgulov.

Gatilov said Churkin in his post was “harder than all those who are here, because the daily communication with colleagues in the Security Council, the UN, admittedly, not always been a smooth character.”

Russian permanent representative died 20 February, the day before your 65th birthday, in new York. According to the Embassy of Russia in USA, the cause of death was a heart attack. Churkin felt bad in the building of the permanent mission of Russia to the UN and was taken to Columbia Presbyterian hospital, but died.